In the late 1970s, a group of women came together to discuss the situation of women workers in the Sungai Way Free Trade Zone. The outcome was the formation of an organisation that would be committed to the concerns and interest of women workers as well as to the larger issues of democracy, justice and equality in Malaysian society.
Work we have done
- Issues of health and safety of women workers especially in the electronics industry
- Assisted women workers to form and join trade unions
- Conducted educational workshops on gender and labour issues
- Issues affecting women workers in the informal economy
- Conducted participatory research on labour and gender issues
- Creating networks with organisations to have initiatives pertaining to labour, women, human rights, and healthy and safety on a national and regional level